Register a copyright to protect your creative work, regulate its use, and fight infringement.
AI Advisory has a team of registration experts who can provide complete guidance to register copyrights!
About this Plan
Copyright registration is an essential legal process that helps creators or owners of original works protect their intellectual property rights. If you’re looking for a reliable Copyright Registration service, we can help.
Copyright registration is an essential legal process that grants exclusive rights to the creator or owner of an original work. In India, the Copyright Act of 1957 governs copyright registration. The Indian Copyright Office, which is under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, is responsible for registering copyrights in India.
Copyright registration in India provides several benefits to creators or owners of original works. Here are some of the key benefits:
Legal Protection: Copyright registration provides legal evidence of ownership of the work. In case of any infringement or dispute, the registration certificate serves as proof of ownership, making it easier to take legal action against infringers.
Exclusive Rights: Copyright registration grants the owner exclusive rights to use, reproduce, distribute, and display the copyrighted work. This means that no one else can use the work without the owner’s permission.
Statutory Damages: If the owner of a copyrighted work finds that their work has been infringed, they can claim statutory damages. This means that the owner can claim compensation without having to prove the actual damages suffered.
International Protection: Copyright registration in India is recognized in many other countries. This means that if the owner of a copyrighted work wishes to protect their work in other countries, they can use their Indian registration as a basis for registration in other countries.
Licensing Opportunities: Copyright registration makes it easier to license or sell the copyrighted work to others. This can create new revenue streams for the owner of the work.
Increased Credibility: Copyright registration adds credibility to the work and its creator. It shows that the creator takes their work seriously and is committed to protecting their intellectual property.
Perpetual Protection: Copyright protection in India lasts for the lifetime of the creator plus 60 years after their death. This means that the owner’s heirs or legal representatives can continue to benefit from the copyright protection even after the creator’s death.
What Can Be Protected by Online Copyright Registration?
Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed.
Nine categories of works are copyrightable:
- Books – Copyright protection in india provides legal protection to the author’s literary works. Since everything is altered, transferred, and copied so quickly in our era, the copyright registration process for literary work is crucial. It is used for book publishing and newsletters.
- Software – The IT sector in India is quickly expanding, and it is necessary to protect your unique work or software. Many programmers, coders, and developers get cheated when they come across software that is close to or identical to what they created. The copyright registration in india for software prevents any individual or third-party company from gaining unofficial access to the software.
- Scripts – Script is a written outline for a play, television programme, or film. Copyrighting a creative work—such as a script—prevents individuals from engaging in unauthorised use of your script, such as intentional and accidental copying, publishing, transmitting, exhibiting, distributing, modifying, and displaying other people’s original creative expressions.
- Lyrics – When you register a copyright, you have full copyright protection for your song. Copyright protects your lyrics as soon as you write them, even if it’s only on a bit of paper. The online copyright registration of lyrics gives the song constructive notice. The melody, lyrics, percussion track on the recording and chord progression in the bridge are all distinct and expressive elements to which the author might claim any of the exclusive rights.
- Websites – Text, tables, computer programmes, compilations, including computer databases; photographs, paintings, diagrams, maps, charts, and plans; and works incorporating music, including graphical notation of such work that may be copyrightable are among the digital assets on the website. You only have copyright rights to the elements of a website that you created as an author.
- Apps – Copyrights can be used to safeguard intellectual property such as computer programs. Early designs of creativity can take on many forms, including software code, graphics, and models used to create mobile applications and other computer software. Copyright registration of software allows a developer to more easily defend his work if it is attempted to be copied. For software copyrights, the code, as well as copies of artwork and audiovisual content, must be included with the application for copyright registration
- Videos – Copyright registration for video serves as clear evidence in any copyright infringement lawsuit you may file copyright online, and it makes collecting damages much easier in such a situation. It’s a simple way to establish your video rights. If you actually want to protect your work, copyrighting your videos should be at the top of your priority list.
- Songs – It is important to obtain copyright protection for your song, as it is now easier than ever for others to use your work without giving you the credit you deserve. If you’re a new musician, it’s even more crucial to think about copyright protection because you might not have the resources to fight if your song is misused/pirated.
- Music – Whether you’re attempting to safeguard a song or a symphony, the first step is to get the music down in some tangible format, such as recording or writing on music staff paper. It can be difficult to assert your rights in a copyright infringement claim if you do not have recognised copyright in india for your music. And as a musician with registered copyright for your work, you have a lot of exclusive rights.
Documents required for copyright registration in india is listed below
- Name, address, and nationality of the applicant
- Name, address, and nationality of the author of the work
- Nature of the applicant’s interest in the copyright – whether the applicant is the author of the work or the representative of the author
- Copies of the original work
- ID proof of the owner and incorporation certificate if it is for business
Nature of the work:
- Class & description of the work
- Title of the work
- Language of the work
- Date of publication – publication in internal magazines, like a company magazine or a research paper submitted to a professor does not count as publication.
- Three copies of your work
- Authorisation letter (we will send you)
How it’s done
Our online accounting services feature end-to-end online processing provided by our experts. It is very simple, completely digital and available for 365 days.
- Fill the form
- Talk to an accounting expert
- Buy our plan
Complete the overboarding